Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Museum of Movie Image

I have been in New York approximately 10 years and I had not been in this museum. The most ironic as well is, I am a media student and never used this tool to see what is this museum about and how it is related to my major.
The idea of going to this trip was very helpful because having a guided visit gave me more information about things related to what I have seen during classes.I really liked seeing the "Magic Lantern" because imaging how people were amazed by just seeing printed images and how now we have access to digital images, 3D movies and the special effects on films. I would love to see the faces on those people having all media that we enjoy now.
The interacting part where we had the opportunity to do a small animation was really funny, specially because that area seemed created for kids, but everybody enjoy putting our ideas to fly and create a short 10 seconds animation. This gave me the opportunity to feel how it is putting all together a whole animated film; how hard can be drawing and editing.
Another part that really amazed me was the part where the guide showed us how sound is put on a film. She showed us a scene from "Titanic" and separated all the sounds including voices, music and sound effects. 
Describing each one by one; how the movie would be without voices, how music is very important to manage emotions and how important is the role of sound effects. Having described how some of the sound effects were made was really helpful because the guide explained that we can make effects with everything.
I really enjoyed this trip and I hope i can come back to see more things.

No comments:

Post a Comment